Self-Care Yoga – ‘NURTURE’
“Your greatest responsibility is to love yourself and to know you are enough”
This retreat is all about self-care and self-nurture in the winter months when we might need it most. This is long walks, luxurious reading of books next to the open fire, massage, aromatherapy, and yoga with a deep emphasis on Anahata heart practices to promote deep self-care. There will be snuggly sunrise meditation if you like, and a morning intuitive walk in the beautiful West Lexham grounds. If you need some space to sit under the Norfolk Big Sky and simply remember just how lovely you really are, this is the retreat for you.
4pm Friday 26th February to 4pm Sunday 28th February
This is a retreat for women, most suitable for those who like to experience a yoga retreat that provides a self-connecting journey.
- Twice daily yoga – focused on the 8 limbs. Taught by yogi and founder Jackie Heffer-Cooke. The yoga asana is not strong, but a reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Motivational talks and Inspirational workshops
- Use of grounds including wild swimming in the river, outdoor heated pool in the summer, shell summer house, Japanese Pergola, long walks in the Norfolk countryside. The stunning North Norfolk coastline is just 30 minutes by car.
- Beginner and intermediate
- Restorative Yin
- Focus on Anahata practise
Health & Hygiene
West Lexham is declared covid safe by WHO.
To keep you safe and happy, they have new Covid-19 Secure procedures in place, but rest assured that the large open countryside views, relaxing and calming environment and the delicious and healthy food all remain the same.
If there are any ‘bubble restrictions’ brought in by the government, we will adhere to the rules of the present time.
£350 occupancy in twin room, £660 single occupancy. Early bird prices available until Christmas
Check-in is between 4pm to 5.30pm
Check-out is 2.30pm Sunday
Please be present for the whole retreat
The beautiful rooms and ‘The Barn Yoga Shala’ are created by Isabelle Colville, an interior designer from the Inchbald School of Design, who also studied at the Coaches training institute in London and New York. Rustic and earthy, with exposed beams, authentic brick, and lovingly sourced artefacts, West Lexham is truly loved and every inch of it holds personality.
West Lexham is designed and cared for by Edmund Colville, landscape and architectural design expert. Proudly ran on sustainable values, West Lexham works hard to enhance the natural environment. The heat and electricity is 90% generated by renewable energy, with delicious drinking water drawn from their own chalk spring. Natural cleaning products are used across the site.
The site includes a heated swimming pool for the summer, wild swimming in the river all year round (for the brave), Shell summer house for meditation, Japanese Pergola healing area. It is beautifully and lovingly cared for, the trees that have been around on the site for hundreds of years, seem very happy.
- Purpose built Yoga shala with underfloor heating in the beautiful converted barn
- Environmentally friendly
- Magical grounds
- Wild Swimming
- Massage and reflexology available
- Free Wi-Fi
The venue has been designed from scratch, with love, by the West Lexham estate family and industry experts from the ground up. It is a visionary venue, with an all-inclusive approach to detoxing and wellness, and has simply magical grounds for you to escape into sunrise or sunset and breathe in the Big Sky and nature around you. It is everything you need to refresh, rebalance, restore, and leave feeling positively transformed.
Big Sky is so happy to have teamed up with such an inspirational venue.
Wellness in every room, comfort in the communal lounges
Enjoy a stay in one of our light, rustic rooms, where you can contemplate, relax, and sleep deeply – fully recharging yourself.
Fancy a quenching herbal tea? You will find a selection at your fingertips in ‘The Barn’.
Autumn or Winters day? Snuggle next to our roaring open fires in our cosy and comfortable communal lounge with a hot cup of cacao and a good book.
- Twin, triplet beds or a king size bed depending on requirements
- Walk-in luxury shower room
We invite you to take part in the yoga, workshops and activities on offer but if you prefer to snuggle up, sunbathe, or just sleep – this retreat is for you – so do exactly what you feel.
We will alternate different schedules between days, and you will have lots of free time for relaxing, walking or your pre-booked massage or reflexology treatments.
Walk, breathe, yoga, sleep, repeat.
Standard class rota – subject to change:
- 18:30 – 20:00 Arrival, self-care yoga practise
- 07:00 – Morning meditation and anahata yoga practise
- 10:30 – Intuitive walk around the magical grounds
- Massage available all day
- 15:30 – Cacao
- 16:00 – Workshop – Tuning in to what you need
- 20:00 – Restorative unwinding Yin by candlelight
- 08:00 – Morning meditation and flowing, connecting yoga practise
- 11:00 – Workshop on aromatherapy, self-massage and meditation
- 12:00 – Check out rooms
- 13:00 – Closing ceremony and connecting practise
Vegetarian and Seasonal Food
The following meals are included:
- Supper on Friday
- Self-catered Breakfast and brunch from a selection of eggs, avocado, grains and cereals, breads, yoghurts and fruits.
- Lunch on Saturday
- Dinner on Saturday
- Self-catered brunch on Sunday
The following drinks are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
If you have special dietary requirements, it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation
What’s not included
- Airport transfers
- Massage or reflexology
Nearest station is Downham Market, with direct trains from London Kings Cross (1hr25) and Cambridge (40m). We recommend pre-booking your taxi from Downham Market Station (25 mins). If you’re visiting for a retreat or event, you could organise to share a taxi with a fellow participant.
2.5-hour drive from London, 40 minutes from Norwich, and plenty of onsite parking. You will arrive accurately at our location by searching PE32 2QN in your sat nav, with the turning for West Lexham clearly sign-posted on the A1065.