Chakra Asana, Aromatherapy and Meditation Weekend – TUNING IN
“Listen to yourself and decide what you love”
September is the perfect time to tune back in and listen. With the turn from heady summer to more introspective autumn comes a natural time to take a breath, pause, reflect, process and return to self. This weekend is about working out what needs rebalancing, reconnecting, retuning, and then taking the time to allow ourselves in to do just that.
We will use chakra asana, aromatherapy, meditation and journaling to facilitate real change, to figure out how to replenish our inner well, and fill it to the brim!
A blissful weekend to really learn to listen to your body, your mind and your soul. The asana at this weekend will be stronger, so a reasonable level of fitness and asana practise will be required.
4pm Friday 10th September to 4pm Sunday 12th September
£350 occupancy in twin room, £660 single occupancy. Early bird prices available until Christmas
- Twice daily yoga – focused on the 8 limbs. Taught by yogi and founder Jackie Heffer-Cooke. A good level of fitness is required.
- Motivational talks and Inspirational workshops
- Use of grounds including wild swimming in the river, outdoor heated pool in the summer, shell summer house, Japanese Pergola, long walks in the Norfolk countryside. The stunning North Norfolk coastline is just 30 minutes by car.
- Knowledge of yoga is required and a good level of fitness
Health & Hygiene
West Lexham is declared covid safe by WHO.
To keep you safe and happy, they have new Covid-19 Secure procedures in place, but rest assured that the large open countryside views, relaxing and calming environment and the delicious and healthy food all remain the same.
If there are any ‘bubble restrictions’ brought in by the government, we will adhere to the rules of the present time.
Check-in is between 4pm to 5.30pm
Check-out is 2.30pm Sunday
Please be present for the whole retreat
The beautiful rooms and ‘The Barn Yoga Shala’ are created by Isabelle Colville, an interior designer from the Inchbald School of Design, who also studied at the Coaches training institute in London and New York. Rustic and earthy, with exposed beams, authentic brick, and lovingly sourced artefacts, West Lexham is truly loved and every inch of it holds personality.
West Lexham is designed and cared for by Edmund Colville, landscape and architectural design expert. Proudly ran on sustainable values, West Lexham works hard to enhance the natural environment. The heat and electricity is 90% generated by renewable energy, with delicious drinking water drawn from their own chalk spring. Natural cleaning products are used across the site.
The site includes a heated swimming pool for the summer, wild swimming in the river all year round (for the brave), Shell summer house for meditation, Japanese Pergola healing area. It is beautifully and lovingly cared for, the trees that have been around on the site for hundreds of years, seem very happy.
- Purpose built Yoga shala with underfloor heating in the beautiful converted barn
- Swimming pool (outdoor – heated in summer)
- Environmentally friendly
- Outdoor pool in summer
- Magical grounds
- Wild Swimming
- Massage available
- Free Wi-Fi
The venue has been designed from scratch, with love, by the West Lexham estate family and industry experts from the ground up. It is a visionary venue, with an all-inclusive approach to detoxing and wellness, and has simply magical grounds for you to escape into sunrise or sunset and breathe in the Big Sky and nature around you. It is everything you need to refresh, rebalance, restore, and leave feeling positively transformed.
Big Sky is so happy to have teamed up with such an inspirational venue.
Wellness in every room, comfort in the communal lounges
Enjoy a stay in one of our light, rustic rooms, where you can contemplate, relax, and sleep deeply – fully recharging yourself.
Fancy a quenching herbal tea? You will find a selection at your fingertips in ‘The Barn’.
Spring or Summer day? Sunbathe in the perfect grounds by the lake, carefully created by landscape gardeners, and of course mother earth herself. Go for a wild swim in the river or take the boat out on the lake.
Autumn or Winters day? Snuggle next to our roaring open fires in our cosy and comfortable communal lounge with a hot cup of cacao and a good book.
- Twin, triplet beds or a king size bed depending on requirements
- Walk-in luxury shower room
We invite you to take part in the yoga, workshops and activities on offer but if you prefer to snuggle up, sunbathe, or just sleep – this retreat is for you – so do exactly what you feel.
We will alternate different schedules between days, and you will have lots of free time for relaxing, walking or your pre-booked massage or reflexology treatments.
Walk, breathe, yoga, eat, sleep, repeat.
Standard class rota – subject to change:
- 18:30 – 20:00 Arrival, grounding and listening yoga practise
- 08:00 – Morning meditation and tuning-in yoga practise
- Massage available all day
- 11:00 – Workshop – using aromatherapy for balance
- 15:30 – Cacao
- 16:00 – Workshop – A practise in Dharana
- 20:00 – Yin by candlelight
- 08:00 – Morning meditation, balancing yoga practise with aromatherapy
- There will be a short silence until journaling to help facilitate the creative process
- 11:00 – Journaling, a time to retune and take away ideas for yourself, meditation
- 12:00 – Check out rooms
- 13:00 – Closing ceremony and blissful connecting practise
The following meals are included:
- Supper on Friday
- Self-catered Breakfast and brunch from a selection of eggs, avocado, grains and cereals, breads, yoghurts and fruits.
- Lunch on Saturday
- Dinner on Saturday
- Self-catered brunch on Sunday
The following drinks are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Gluten Free
If you have special dietary requirements, it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation
What’s not included
- Airport transfers
- Massage or reflexology
Nearest station is Downham Market, with direct trains from London Kings Cross (1hr25) and Cambridge (40m). We recommend pre-booking your taxi from Downham Market Station (25 mins). If you’re visiting for a retreat or event, you could organise to share a taxi with a fellow participant.
2.5-hour drive from London, 40 minutes from Norwich, and plenty of onsite parking. You will arrive accurately at our location by searching PE32 2QN in your sat nav, with the turning for West Lexham clearly sign-posted on the A1065.